TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please call 0208 9644993 or go online to www.jivitaayurveda.com to reserve your appointment. A valid major credit card number (Visa or Mastercard) is required at the time of booking to confirm your reservation.
Booking four to five days in advance is recommended to secure your best choice of appointment dates and times especially for Saturday.
Please inform us at time of booking if you are planning to share time at the spa with a companion so we can endeavour to match your schedules accordingly.
Please advise of relevant health conditions at the time of booking and when filling out your health form so that our therapists can offer an experience tailored to your specific needs.
Minimum Age Requirements
Anu Paavola t/a Jivita Ayurveda spa welcomes youth 17 years of age and over, and teens 13 to 16 years of age when accompanied by a parent or guardian. Health information is required by law from all guests regardless of age. A parent must provide written permission for massage therapy for teens 13 to 16 years of age and the parent must remain in the spa during the massage service.
24-hours notice is required to cancel or reschedule services or spa packages. Please understand that you will be charged 50% of each service price if you change your appointment without the minimum notice. If we receive no notice we will charge the full price.
Please check in at least 10 minutes prior to your first service to give yourself the necessary time to complete the registration form. This information is accessed only by your ayurvedic consultant or therapist during your appointment, and is stored on a secure system, which is completely separate from our reservations information.
It is important that the health information you provide is complete and accurate. This information is confidential and is required by law. This is a request is made for both massage an aesthetic services.
To avoid disappointment, please be on time. If you are late, it will result in a shortened appointment or a rescheduled appointment with applicable charges.
Why do we collect health information?
Health information is collected in order to promote a safe and healthy environment for our guests, to ensure continuity of information from one visit to the next, and to assist in customising treatments to individual needs, particularly if there are medical issues or allergies which could have contraindications for certain products or services. Your health information can be updated annually or at your convenience.
Please help us preserve a tranquil environment by lowering your voice and turning off your mobile phone. For the privacy of our guests cameras are not permitted in the spa area.
Anu Paavola t/a Jivita Ayurveda Spa is a smoke-free facility.
What to Bring and Wear
Almost everything else you need is here: towels, shampoo, conditioner, body lotions and hairdryer. Please remember to bring your hairbrush, cosmetics and any other toiletries you may need.
If you are scheduled for a shirodhara treatment please bring something to cover your head to avoid exposure to cold if you decide to keep the oil on (which we recommend).
During your treatment your body will be professionally draped at all times so it’s up to you whether you disrobe completely or leave your undergarments on for massage and body treatments. Paper underwear is provided for most body treatments.
What to do: Shaving
Men receiving a facial should shave at least two hours before their appointment.
For body treatments we recommend that any shaving be done the day before because it is best not to shave on the day of an exfoliation.
Gratuities are appreciated, at your discretion
Your use of our websites, including any dispute concerning privacy, is subject to this privacy statement and the applicable Terms and Conditions of Service. BY USING OUR WEBSITES, YOU ARE ACCEPTING THE PRACTICES SET OUT IN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT AND THE APPLICABLE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE.
Your continued use of any portion of our website following posting of the updated privacy statement will constitute your acceptance of the changes.
This privacy statement discloses the privacy practices of Anu Paavola t/a Jivita Ayurveda and all websites owned or operated by or on behalf of Anu Paavola
Legal Entity: Anu Paavola t/a Jivita Ayurveda
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal Address: 43 College Road, NW10 5EL
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at email@example.com
What Information We Collect
The types of information that we collect fall under two general categories: Personally identifiable information (PII) and non-personally identifiable information (non-PII). These details are stored by our booking service provider MindBodyInc.
PII consists of any information which can be used to specifically identify you as an individual and may include.
• Identity Data may include your first name, maiden name, last name, username, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
• Contact Data may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
• Financial Data may include your bank account and payment card details.
• Transaction Data may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
• Technical Data may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
• Profile Data may include your username and password, purchases or orders, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
• Usage Data may include information about how you use our website, products and services.
• Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
Non-PII consists of aggregate information or any information that does not reveal your identity. The following sections describe how your PII and non-PII are collected by us, and how we use such information.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you that refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
However we will collect Sensitive Data information about your health, which enables us to practice our treatments and product sales in a safe manner taking your needs into consideration. These are stored in writing in our archives.
How We Collect and Use Information
• Log Files. Any time you visit any of our websites, our servers automatically gather information from your browser (such as your IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks) to analyse trends, administer the site, prevent fraud, track visitor movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information. For example, we may log your IP address for system administration purposes. IP addresses are logged to track a user’s session. This gives us an idea of which parts of the site users are visiting. We do not share the log files externally.
• Web Beacons. “Web beacons” (also known as “clear gifs” and “pixel tags”) are small transparent graphic images that are often used in conjunction with cookies in order to further personalise our website for our users and to collect a limited set of information about our visitors. We may also use web beacons in email communications in order to understand the behaviour of our customers. We do not link the web beacons to any PII.
• Information About You. When you register, enrol or place an order for any products or services, we collect information about you.
• Purchase Information. To process purchases, we may require your name, address, phone number, email address and credit card information. Such information is used primarily to process your order or as otherwise described herein. Credit card transactions are processed using industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and/or strong encryption (3DES) by a third party, which only uses your information for that purpose.
• Emails and Telephone Calls. We require an email address from you when you register for our services. We use your email address for both transactional (e.g., order confirmation and renewal processing) and promotional (e.g., newsletters, new product offerings, special discounts, event notifications, special third-party offers) purposes. Email messages we send you may contain code that enables our database to track your usage of the emails, including whether the email was opened and what links (if any) were clicked. If you would rather not receive promotional emails from us, please see the section below labeled “UNSUBSCRIBE.” We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to our services, such as service announcements and administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. We may also contact you by telephone or text message (including to any wireless number you may provide to us) in connection with our services. If you would rather not receive telephone calls or text messages from us, you may ask to be removed from our contact list if you receive a call or text message from us.
• Demographic Data. Demographic data is also collected at our site. We may use this data to tailor our visitors’ experience at our site, showing them content that we think they might be interested in, and displaying the content according to their preferences. Some of this information may be shared with advertisers on a non-personally identifiable basis.
• Online Survey Data. We may periodically conduct voluntary member surveys. We encourage our members to participate in such surveys because they provide us with important information regarding the improvement of our services. You may also volunteer for certain surveys that we may offer to our users, and any additional rules regarding the conduct of such surveys will be disclosed to you prior to your participation. We do not link the survey responses to any PII, and all responses are anonymous.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have:
(i) requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us; or
(ii) if you provided us with your details and ticked the box at the point of entry of your details for us to send you marketing communications; and
(iii) in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the unsubscribe link on any marketing message sent or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where you opt out of receiving our marketing communications, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, booking confirmations and changes, product/service experience or other transactions.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your personal data for a purpose unrelated to the purpose for which we collected the data, we will notify you and we will explain the legal ground of processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties
• Disclosure By Law. You acknowledge and agree that we may disclose information you provide if required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement or any legal process, protect or defend our rights or property, or protect someone’s health or safety.
• Information Transferred As a Result of Sale of Business. As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets and, depending on the transaction, your PII may be one of the transferred assets. In the event that we are acquired by another company, your PII may be part of the assets transferred to the acquiring party. If this occurs, you will be notified if there are any material changes to the way your PII is collected or used.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We may in future partner with third-party advertising agencies or other service providers to serve ads on our website on behalf of Anu Paavola or third-party advertisers (e.g., retailers of goods or services). These companies may employ cookies and web beacons to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and web beacons is completely anonymous.
We will only share your information with third parties in the ways defined in this privacy statement.
We do not store any digital information on our servers, your data is stored with our booking service provider MindBody inc. who have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of information stored in their databases.
We will exercise reasonable care in providing for the secure transmission of information between your computer and our servers, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the Internet and accept no liability for any unintentional disclosure.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for seven years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws to include but not limited to privacy laws in the General Data Protection Regulation in the European Union in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
• Request access to your personal data.
• Request correction of your personal data.
• Request erasure of your personal data.
• Object to processing of your personal data.
• Request restriction of processing your personal data.
• Request transfer of your personal data.
• Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at email@example.com.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Links to Other Sites
We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites and service providers that may be linked to this site or of any third party advertisers.
Click on the “unsubscribe” link on the bottom of the e-mail.
Updating Your Information
Anu Paavola t/a Jivita Ayurveda provides users the following options for changing and modifying information previously submitted.
1. For any services where you have an account page, through our booking provider MindBody, you may change your credit card (if applicable), e-mail address, password and other information from the account settings or preferences page; or
2. You can send mail or electronic mail to the address listed, providing us with your account information and letting us know which information you wish to update.
Contacting the Website
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, you can contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acceptance of Privacy Statement
Your use of our website, including any dispute concerning privacy, is subject to this privacy statement and the applicable Terms and Conditions of Service. BY USING OUR WEBSITES, YOU ARE ACCEPTING THE PRACTICES SET OUT IN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT AND THE APPLICABLE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE.